Being in approximately the same price range, you could say that the KRUPS Belgian waffle maker is a direct competitor to the Hamilton Beach 26031. We don’t need to dive too much into details to give our recommendation: the Hamilton Beach 26031 is the way to go.
The KRUPS Belgian waffle maker did not perform well in our performance tests. It is the only waffle maker that failed a cooking test. In our test, the KRUPS could not cook an edible waffle in 10 minutes using the premixed waffle batter.
Concurrently, the Hamilton Beach 26031 is one of our best performers with a great overall performance score. All of its waffles came out cooked and met our demands regarding color, texture, and taste. Its design isn’t too shabby, either, with a luxurious stainless steel baking chamber and ceramic-coated waffle plates.
Pros & Cons
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In the Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.