The Hamilton Beach 26031 is a flippable waffle maker that can cook your waffle more efficiently and quickly than a traditional model like the Chefman. And indeed, the effect of the flipping system showed in our performance tests. The Hamilton Beach was able to produce a 7-inch waffle with decent quality in 5 minutes. In contrast, it took the Chefman the same time to make a smaller 6.1-inch waffle.
Though the build quality of the Chefman is good, the Hamilton Beach easily surpasses it in this department. The fact that it’s built from stainless steel and ceramic — commonly considered premium materials — gives the Hamilton Beach a clear edge over the other model.
If you have a roomy budget, splurging on the Hamilton Beach will be a far better choice. However, if you require something a bit more affordable, the Chefman is a decent option.
Pros & Cons
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Dimensions & Weight
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.