- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)6.2
- Ease of Use (30%)5.0
- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
Meant to be ultra-affordable, the Oster waffle maker is built with only one thing in mind: serving up a decent-quality waffle as quickly as possible.
And to achieve this, the designers have made compromises. In our review of the Oster waffle maker, we noticed that the unit has poor build quality. Many parts of the waffle maker have visible cracks and dents. The electric cable was even visible through the lid hinges!
In contrast, the Chefman waffle maker, being a higher-tier product, can offer you a more solid overall design.
With regard to performance, the Oster didn’t show much potential. It tends to overcook the waffle and turn it into a blackened mess. Meanwhile, the heat of the Chefman is more tempered and even.
The only good thing about the Oster is its exceedingly affordable pricing. Other than that, you’re better off with the Chefman.
Pros & Cons
- Performs decently in our test with Birch Benders mix
- Fairly compact design makes for easier storage
- Responsive temperature control dial
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Unremarkable performance in our test with our self-mixed waffle batter
- Bad build quality
- Exposed electronics could be safety hazards
- Very dim indicator lights
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.