- Performance (50%)8.0
- Design (20%)9.2
- Ease of Use (30%)8.7
- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
The Cuisinart WAF-20P1 is a high-end model, while the Chefman is on the low to mid-range spectrum. This disparity showed in our tests.
The Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 packs a lot more features than the Chefman Anti-Overflow.
Besides having a flippable design, the Cuisinart also has a double-sided body that can cook two waffles at once. The Chefman is a far more basic waffle maker in comparison. The only notable feature is an “Anti-overflow” moat surrounding the waffle plates.
Performance-wise, the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 is significantly better. It received a far higher score on all of our tests. The coloration and taste of some of its waffles even impressed our chef - not an easy thing to do!
Plus, the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1’s cooking speed is faster (4 minutes compared to the Chefman’s 5 minutes in our self-made recipe test), and it can cook two waffles at once.
Pros & Cons
- Strong cooking performance across all tests
- Beautiful, durable stainless steel design
- Comprehensive control panel with audible alarm
- Intuitive lid locking mechanism
- Comes with a batter measuring cup
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Mediocre performance with self-mixed recipe
- Heavy and bulky
- Certain parts are made of plastic
- Lacks a POWER indicator light
- Difficult to clean due to the lack of a drip tray
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.