- Performance (50%)6.2
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
- Performance (50%)6.9
- Design (20%)9.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.7
The most remarkable difference between the Hamilton Beach 26031 and the Black and Decker WMD200B Double waffle maker lies in their designs. The latter is a single-sided waffle maker, while the WMD200B has a double-sided design.
If you live alone or don't need to cook a lot of waffles, the Hamilton beach 26031 makes more sense. Meanwhile, the WMD200 B's double-sided design, which allows you to cook two waffles at once, is a better fit for large families.
Performance-wise, the Hamilton Beach 26031 can cook more evenly than the WMD200B. While the waffles produced by both models were good in our test, the Black and Decker tended to overlook the waffle's underside. Hence, the Hamilton Beach received a higher performance test score than the WMD200B.
The overall design of both waffle makers is good. However, the WMD200B does not have a temperature control dial, which limits its usability significantly.
Pros & Cons
- Capable of cooking two waffles at once with the double-sided design
- Acceptable performance across all two tests
- Solid build quality for the price
- Plug-and-play design makes it very easy to use
- Great cleanability thanks to the included drip tray
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Bulky and heavy
- Tends to undercook the bottom of the waffle
- Lacks a control panel
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.