- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)6.2
- Ease of Use (30%)5.0
- Performance (50%)6.9
- Design (20%)9.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.7
The Hamilton Beach 26031 is an easy pick between the two. With its flippable design, the 26031 can cook a waffle more evenly than the Oster.
Being a mid-range waffle maker, the Hamilton Beach designers have been more liberal with materials and the manufacturers more meticulous in production. The 26031 is built from premium stainless steel, and the waffle plates are made from ceramic. These materials give the waffle maker an expensive-looking shine.
The Oster didn’t do so well in this area. While the top lid is indeed made from metal, the build quality is poor. Many parts have visible cracks and dents right out of the box.
Aside from being cheaper, there’s no other reason for picking the Oster over the Hamilton Beach 26031.
Pros & Cons
- Performs decently in our test with Birch Benders mix
- Fairly compact design makes for easier storage
- Responsive temperature control dial
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Unremarkable performance in our test with our self-mixed waffle batter
- Bad build quality
- Exposed electronics could be safety hazards
- Very dim indicator lights
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.