- Performance (50%)8.0
- Design (20%)9.2
- Ease of Use (30%)8.7
- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)6.2
- Ease of Use (30%)5.0
It’s an easy choice right off the bat with this pair. If possible, always go for the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1.
It is one of the top performers on our list and, so far, is holding the highest overall performance test score. In our test using the pre-made Birch Benders waffle mix, this waffle maker achieved two perfect scores in coloration and taste.
Besides high cooking performance, the WAF-F20P1 also sports a premium design with flippable and double-sided cooking plates, allowing the waffle maker to produce two evenly-cooked waffles simultaneously.
On the other hand, the Oster Belgian waffle maker is one of the weakest models we have tested thus far. The texture and taste of its waffles were usually sub-par and it had a tendency to char the crust.
In addition to its low performance, the Oster is the only model we’ve tested that failed the build quality section.
Pros & Cons
- Strong cooking performance across all tests
- Beautiful, durable stainless steel design
- Comprehensive control panel with audible alarm
- Intuitive lid locking mechanism
- Comes with a batter measuring cup
- Performs decently in our test with Birch Benders mix
- Fairly compact design makes for easier storage
- Responsive temperature control dial
- Mediocre performance with self-mixed recipe
- Heavy and bulky
- Certain parts are made of plastic
- Lacks a POWER indicator light
- Difficult to clean due to the lack of a drip tray
- Unremarkable performance in our test with our self-mixed waffle batter
- Bad build quality
- Exposed electronics could be safety hazards
- Very dim indicator lights
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.