- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.0
- Ease of Use (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)2.8
- Design (20%)9.9
- Ease of Use (30%)9.6
There is a world of difference between the DASH DMW001AQ Mini and the KRUPS Belgian waffle maker. For one, they are our database's smallest and largest waffle makers.
The DASH DMW001AQ can make one small, palm-sized 4-inch waffle. Although it didn’t do excellently in our tests, the DASH could still cook edible waffles. Its compact size makes it a good choice for travelers and people who only want small waffles to snack on throughout the day.
Meanwhile, the massive square waffle plates of the KRUPS Belgian waffle maker are quartered into square segments. Each one can make a 4.5-inch waffle. So, if you were to fill the waffle maker up to capacity, you would have four 4.5-inch waffles. This makes the KRUPS an excellent waffle maker if you’re looking for something that can cook waffles in bulk.
However, we can’t recommend the KRUPS right now. It is the only model that failed our performance test and, consequently, has the lowest score in our database.
Pros & Cons
- Does a decent job at making pre-mixed waffles
- The waffle plates’ non-stick layer works well
- Easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ design
- Great cleanability
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Unremarkable performance in the self-mixed recipe test
- Relatively slow cooking speed
- Thin layer of paint that can be easily scratched
- Many safety issues
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.