- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)6.2
- Ease of Use (30%)5.0
- Performance (50%)2.8
- Design (20%)9.9
- Ease of Use (30%)9.6
Despite being one of the waffle makers with the highest build quality we have ever tested, surprisingly, the Krups Belgian performed poorly in our tests. Its overall performance score was low enough to make it the worst performer in our database (so far). Despite having been left to cook for over 10 minutes, some of its waffles were still undercooked.
Meanwhile, the Oster Belgian waffle maker, while only giving a “mediocre” performance, did make edible waffles. The colors weren’t great, the texture could be improved, and the taste was bland, but none of the waffles had to be discarded.
Regarding build quality or design, the KRUPS is the clear winner. It has a solid frame and a comprehensive control panel with an audible chime to tell you when it’s ready for use. The Oster — being a budget waffle maker — can hardly compare. Its build quality is low, and its lack of features is readily apparent.
Pros & Cons
- Performs decently in our test with Birch Benders mix
- Fairly compact design makes for easier storage
- Responsive temperature control dial
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Unremarkable performance in our test with our self-mixed waffle batter
- Bad build quality
- Exposed electronics could be safety hazards
- Very dim indicator lights
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.