- Performance (50%)6.2
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
- Performance (50%)2.8
- Design (20%)9.9
- Ease of Use (30%)9.6
This is a rather interesting pairing since both models have unique designs that differ from the “traditional” waffle maker design.
The KRUPS Belgian waffle maker has a suitcase-like design. Within is a set of square-shaped waffle plates separated into four smaller quadrants. Each quadrant can be used to cook a small 4.6-inch waffle. With the plates filled up, you can get four waffles per cooking session.
Though it’s certainly handy and has an excellent design, the KRUPS model currently has the worst performance score in our database. It’s the only one that failed our pre-made waffle mix test. The KRUPS didn’t manage to make an edible waffle even after 10 minutes of continuous cooking.
The Black and Decker WMD200B Double, meanwhile, has two sets of waffle plates, allowing you to cook two waffles simultaneously. This model is also flippable and can give you more evenly-cooked waffles. Though its design is great, the overall quality isn’t as high as the KRUPS.
Performance-wise, the WMD200B was only given a mediocre score. But at the very least, it didn’t fail outright in any section like the KRUPS did. So, as of now, despite being cheaper, the WMD200B will still constitute a better purchase than the KRUPS.
Pros & Cons
- Capable of cooking two waffles at once with the double-sided design
- Acceptable performance across all two tests
- Solid build quality for the price
- Plug-and-play design makes it very easy to use
- Great cleanability thanks to the included drip tray
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Bulky and heavy
- Tends to undercook the bottom of the waffle
- Lacks a control panel
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.