- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.0
- Ease of Use (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)6.2
- Ease of Use (30%)5.0
Visually, the DASH DMW001AQ Mini enjoys a much more lightweight and compact form factor (hence the “Mini” part). Its smaller size makes the Dash DMW001AQ an excellent waffle maker for campers, hikers, or anyone who needs to make waffles on the move. But not just so, its 4-inch waffles are the perfect size for a healthy midday snack for children and adults alike.
Performance-wise, the DASH DMW001AQ didn’t do half-bad in our performance tests. In our test with the premade waffle mix, it managed to bake a delicious, palm-size waffle with good coloration and texture.
The Oster Belgian waffle maker is full-sized and, compared to the DASH DMW001AQ’s 4-inch waffles, can bake far larger 7-inch waffles. However, its performance through two tests is mediocre at most. This waffle maker didn’t impress in terms of build quality, either. It has poor craftsmanship and a low safety rating due to exposed wirings at the back.
Pros & Cons
- Does a decent job at making pre-mixed waffles
- The waffle plates’ non-stick layer works well
- Easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ design
- Great cleanability
- Performs decently in our test with Birch Benders mix
- Fairly compact design makes for easier storage
- Responsive temperature control dial
- Unremarkable performance in the self-mixed recipe test
- Relatively slow cooking speed
- Thin layer of paint that can be easily scratched
- Many safety issues
- Unremarkable performance in our test with our self-mixed waffle batter
- Bad build quality
- Exposed electronics could be safety hazards
- Very dim indicator lights
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.