- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.0
- Ease of Use (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)6.9
- Design (20%)9.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.7
The DASH DMW001AQ Mini’s small size is perfect for people who need a compact, lightweight waffle maker that they can bring on trips. And if you’re looking for a quick bite, the 4-inch waffles made by the DASH are perfectly snackable!
Its performance score in our tests wasn’t particularly high (mainly because it tends to scorch the top crust). Fortunately, all of its waffles were still perfectly edible.
As for the Hamilton Beach 26031, it is one of the best-designed and highest performing models in our database. Thus, it will also be a good choice if you’re looking for a “traditional” waffle maker for making breakfast. Its large set of ceramic waffle plates — measuring about 7 inches across — can serve a high-quality waffle in a couple of minutes.
So, it’s all a matter of use case. Other than that, both are outstanding models to buy.
Pros & Cons
- Does a decent job at making pre-mixed waffles
- The waffle plates’ non-stick layer works well
- Easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ design
- Great cleanability
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Unremarkable performance in the self-mixed recipe test
- Relatively slow cooking speed
- Thin layer of paint that can be easily scratched
- Many safety issues
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.