- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.0
- Ease of Use (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)8.0
- Design (20%)9.2
- Ease of Use (30%)8.7
The difference between the DASH DMW001AQ Mini and the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 Double waffle maker is in more than just their size. It’s in their intended uses, too.
For travelers who need something light and compact that can prepare breakfasts or snacks on the go, the DASH DMW001AQ Mini’s small form factor is perfect. Another group of users who will benefit from the DASH DMW001AQ’s small 4-inch waffle plates are those cooking breakfasts for children or wanting small, easy-to-prep snacks throughout the day.
The Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 Double waffle maker is better for making meals at home. Also, with its double-sided design, you can cook waffles in bulk. This model is especially great for large families or if you have to cook a lot of waffles regularly.
Outside of performance, the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 easily won the competition in terms of build quality with its solid stainless steel construction. The DASH DMW001AQ, a budget waffle maker, is built from cheap-looking plastic and has a flimsy coat of paint.
Pros & Cons
- Does a decent job at making pre-mixed waffles
- The waffle plates’ non-stick layer works well
- Easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ design
- Great cleanability
- Strong cooking performance across all tests
- Beautiful, durable stainless steel design
- Comprehensive control panel with audible alarm
- Intuitive lid locking mechanism
- Comes with a batter measuring cup
- Unremarkable performance in the self-mixed recipe test
- Relatively slow cooking speed
- Thin layer of paint that can be easily scratched
- Many safety issues
- Mediocre performance with self-mixed recipe
- Heavy and bulky
- Certain parts are made of plastic
- Lacks a POWER indicator light
- Difficult to clean due to the lack of a drip tray
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.