- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.0
- Ease of Use (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
The Chefman Anti-Overflow waffle maker is around the same price range as the DASH DMW001AQ Mini. And the choice between them is best made by carefully considering your intended use.
The Chefman Anti-Overflow is excellent for making the traditional Belgian breakfast waffle. Fortunately, this model can do a good job in this respect. In our tests with two waffle recipes, the Chefman received a very decent score. Its waffles’ coloration—though spotty—was acceptable, the texture was soft, and the flavor was usually well-developed.
The Chefman Anti-Overflow’s design was solid despite being made primarily from plastic. Notably, it has a large moat that runs around the plates to catch spilled batter.
The DASH DMW001AQ Mini’s small and compact size is great for people who want to have freshly-cooked waffles on the go. It’s pretty popular among hikers, RV-ers, and campers. But you don’t need to be an adventurer to enjoy its bite-size 4-inch waffles. This mini waffle maker is also great at producing snacks or breakfast waffles in small portions for children.
Build quality isn’t spectacular, but considering its price, it’s expected.
Pros & Cons
- Does a decent job at making pre-mixed waffles
- The waffle plates’ non-stick layer works well
- Easy to use ‘plug-and-play’ design
- Great cleanability
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Unremarkable performance in the self-mixed recipe test
- Relatively slow cooking speed
- Thin layer of paint that can be easily scratched
- Many safety issues
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.