Both models are considered high-end due to their pricing. However, due to the various performance issues we observed with the KRUPS during our test, the recommendation goes to the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 Double. This may change later as we perform further tests with the KRUPS.
Most notably, the KRUPS Belgian waffle maker is the only model to fail our performance test so far. In the test with the premade waffle mix, it was unable to cook an edible waffle. After 10 minutes, the batter inside still hadn’t developed into a waffle and was still semi-liquid.
The KRUPS’ performance level was the direct opposite of the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 Double waffle maker, which is still the best-performing model we have tested. All of its waffles came out perfect with good coloration and texture. And our chefs loved the consistently flavorful taste profile.
The KRUPS and the Cuisinart are compatriots in the design department. Both models are beautifully designed with a high build quality.
Pros & Cons
- Strong cooking performance across all tests
- Beautiful, durable stainless steel design
- Comprehensive control panel with audible alarm
- Intuitive lid locking mechanism
- Comes with a batter measuring cup
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Mediocre performance with self-mixed recipe
- Heavy and bulky
- Certain parts are made of plastic
- Lacks a POWER indicator light
- Difficult to clean due to the lack of a drip tray
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In the Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.