- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
- Performance (50%)2.8
- Design (20%)9.9
- Ease of Use (30%)9.6
The Chefman Anti-Overflow waffle maker is positioned as a low-mid range product. It’s pretty apparent in the solid build quality, a unique lid-lock design, and an oversized “anti-overflow” moat. Its performance also reflects its price point: the waffles we made with it all had good coloration and soft texture and were very flavorful.
It’s not perfect: the coloration tends to be a bit burnt. Nevertheless, there’s potential there.
The KRUPS Belgian is a high-end model with a fittingly high price. Its highly premium and solid design has features like removable waffle plates and an audible chime. Unfortunately, we cannot recommend it at this time because it’s the only model that failed our performance test. The KRUPS could not cook an edible waffle in 10 minutes in our test with pre-mixed batter.
Pros & Cons
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Solidly built from high-quality materials
- Able to cook four waffles simultaneously
- The waffle plates’ non-stick coating works great
- Controls are straightforward to use
- Easy to clean
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
- Waffle’s quality is mediocre in the self-mixed recipe test
- Failed at producing an edible waffle in the test with the Birch Benders mix
- Power cord is too short
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.