- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
- Performance (50%)6.3
- Design (20%)7.0
- Ease of Use (30%)6.5
While the Chefman Anti-Overflow is a full-size Belgian waffle maker, the Holstein Housewares HH-09125016B is a mini-size one.
If you’re looking for a traditional waffle maker to bake breakfast waffles for the family, the Chefman Anti-Overflow is a better bet. It can bake a 7-inch waffle that fills the plate (and the stomach!).
The Chefman has several other notable features, like the browning control dial and a deep “anti-overflow” moat around the plates to catch excess batter.
Meanwhile, the Holstein Housewares HH-09125016B is no larger than a softball in size. This makes it super popular among hikers and travelers, as the Holstein can easily fit inside a backpack or luggage.
Besides being a travel waffle maker, the Holstein is also excellent at making snacks. The 4-inch waffles it makes can be served as tasty snacks throughout the day.
Pros & Cons
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Highly affordable
- Compact size and lightweight
- Handling is simple and smooth
- Acceptable build quality
- Excellent cleanability rating
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
- Mediocre cooking performance with our self-mixed recipe
- Cheap-looking design
- Lacks a control panel
- Safety rating is very low
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.