- Performance (50%)5.7
- Design (20%)6.0
- Usability (30%)6.4
- Performance (50%)8.6
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.2
With its 650-watt motor, the Vitamix 5-speed is an impressive, all-around machine, outperforming the Hamilton Beach 59765 not only in terms of efficiency but also in usability and functionality. Our Vitamix 5-speed performed well in nearly all of the tests, as wasn’t the case with the Hamilton Beach 59765. And thanks to its simple design—and even though its blending shaft is not dishwasher-safe—cleaning up wasn’t particularly difficult either.
The only shortcoming of the Vitamix 5-speed over the lower-priced Hamilton Beach 59765 is its lack of accessories, which seems unreasonable given its high cost.
Pros & Cons
- It can be used for pureeing cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, and baby food.
- Its easy-grip design allows for flexible control
- All the accessories are dishwasher safe
- A great tool for recipes that involve fibrous or frozen food
- 4-pronged heavy-duty blade promotes speedy blends and consistent results
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to switch between speed settings
- Ergonomically-designed handle offers a secure grip
- Blade Guard prevents scratching
- Stainless steel body ensures optimal durability
- It isn’t powerful enough for many blending tasks
- The two included attachments are almost useless
- It isn’t durable due to the poorly-constructed design
- Relatively heavy
- There aren’t any extra accessories included
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.