- Performance (50%)7.9
- Design (20%)8.4
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)8.6
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.2
Many brands, including the KitchenAid, claim their immersion blenders can create the full range of textures, but the Vitamix is among the few that can genuinely inspire your culinary creativity. Whether the task at hand is preparing hot soup, creating icy blends, or emulsifying sauces, this high-end blender is not only up to the job, but also does it with style.
As evidence of such, in our pumpkin soup test, it churned out a purée that no other blenders’ smoothness could compare with. In addition, its outstanding 650-watt motor was more than enough to power through the solid ingredients, making our frozen fruit smoothie recipe as easy as one-two-three.
The KitchenAid KHBBV53, in contrast, only performs moderately even with light-duty tasks. At around under $100, it may save you a few bucks over the fancy Vitamix but definitely won’t meet your expectations in the long run.
Pros & Cons
- It can quick-charge in only 20 minutes
- A beaker is included for greater convenience
- Ergonomically-designed handle provides secure grip
- Simple battery charging
- The included pan guard will prevent damage to non-stick cookware.
- A great tool for recipes that involve fibrous or frozen food
- 4-pronged heavy-duty blade promotes speedy blends and consistent results
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to switch between speed settings
- Ergonomically-designed handle offers a secure grip
- Blade Guard prevents scratching
- Stainless steel body ensures optimal durability
- Its performance is often inconsistent
- Not as efficient as other similar blenders
- Relatively heavy
- There aren’t any extra accessories included
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.