- Performance (50%)7.9
- Design (20%)8.4
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)8.5
- Usability (30%)7.8
The KitchenAid KHBBV53 vs Cuisinart CSB-175 are priced differently but share the same key features: moderate-quality stainless steel blades, multiple speeds, and an ergonomically-designed handle. However, that is not to say that their efficiency is equal.
Due to its stronger motor, our Cuisinart CSB-175 performed a little more impressively in our hands-on testing. It churned out a batch of vegetable soup and a frozen fruit smoothie without too much effort. Although the results didn’t sport a superior texture, their smoothness would be acceptable for most home cooks.
The KitchenAid KHBBV53, on the other hand, did have a little bit of a hard time processing solid ingredients, but when it comes to simplicity, this battery-powered machine wins hands down.
Pros & Cons
- It can quick-charge in only 20 minutes
- A beaker is included for greater convenience
- Ergonomically-designed handle provides secure grip
- Simple battery charging
- The included pan guard will prevent damage to non-stick cookware.
- Powerful enough for a wide range of tasks
- The ergonomically-designed handle makes the blender easier to maneuver
- The included 24-oz beaker allows for easy gripping and drip-free pouring
- The release button is really helpful during assembly and disassembly
- The specially designed blade can be used to emulsify sauces
- Its performance is often inconsistent
- Not as efficient as other similar blenders
- The stainless steel blending shaft will damage non-stick coatings
- Fairly complicated to use
- The blade guard doesn’t prevent splashing very well
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.