- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)8.5
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)8.6
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.2
The choice between the Cuisinart and the Vitamix is more about your budget than any other factor.
As a premium blender, the Vitamix costs roughly three times as much as the Cuisinart. That high price reflects its exceptionally high power and outstanding durability.
Although they’re roughly equal in terms of functionality, the Vitamix certainly looks much sleeker. It’s not perfect, but overall we’d call it the most efficient heavy-duty hand blender on the market today. The Cuisinart, on the other hand, is a more modest design intended for light-duty tasks.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful enough for a wide range of tasks
- The ergonomically-designed handle makes the blender easier to maneuver
- The included 24-oz beaker allows for easy gripping and drip-free pouring
- The release button is really helpful during assembly and disassembly
- The specially designed blade can be used to emulsify sauces
- A great tool for recipes that involve fibrous or frozen food
- 4-pronged heavy-duty blade promotes speedy blends and consistent results
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to switch between speed settings
- Ergonomically-designed handle offers a secure grip
- Blade Guard prevents scratching
- Stainless steel body ensures optimal durability
- The stainless steel blending shaft will damage non-stick coatings
- Fairly complicated to use
- The blade guard doesn’t prevent splashing very well
- Relatively heavy
- There aren’t any extra accessories included
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.