- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)8.5
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)8.8
- Design (20%)8.1
- Usability (30%)8.7
The motors on these two blenders come with the same power rating. But in exchange for a higher price tag, an extra whisk attachment gives the Braun MultiQuick-5 greater versatility overall. You can get the full range of possibilities from blending solid foods to emulsifying sauces and whipping up egg whites.
Not only that, but our Braun also blends food much more harmoniously, though aesthetically it looks neither as solid nor as stylish as the Cuisinart.
In short, if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a fancy blender like the Vitamix, but are still focused on versatility and high power output, consider buying the Braun MultiQuick-5 rather than the Cuisinart Smart Stick.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful enough for a wide range of tasks
- The ergonomically-designed handle makes the blender easier to maneuver
- The included 24-oz beaker allows for easy gripping and drip-free pouring
- The release button is really helpful during assembly and disassembly
- The specially designed blade can be used to emulsify sauces
- Consistent performance with minimal splashing
- Nearly as efficient as the higher-priced Vitamix
- Ergonomically-designed handle ensures a confident grip
- Doesn’t get hot even under heavy-duty use
- A generous set of accessories means greater versatility
- The stainless steel blending shaft will damage non-stick coatings
- Fairly complicated to use
- The blade guard doesn’t prevent splashing very well
- The metal blending shaft and whisk may damage non-stick coatings
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.