- Performance (50%)8.6
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.2
- Performance (50%)7.3
- Design (20%)6.8
- Usability (30%)7.4
As a high-priced blender, the Vitamix stands out from the crowd with its sturdy construction, multi-speed settings, and premium stainless steel finish. It’s among the few hand blenders on the market that can perform a wide variety of blending tasks, allowing you to explore new culinary possibilities. It’s even powerful enough to blend solid ingredients like frozen fruits, raw nuts, and whole ice cubes without too much effort.
In the opposite corner, the Muller Ultra-Stick stands out for its false advertising claims. We were very disappointed with itsflimsy blade housing and the copper motor that cannot withstand continuous use.
The only advantages the Muller has over the Vitamix are its lighter weight and inexpensive price tag.
Pros & Cons
- A great tool for recipes that involve fibrous or frozen food
- 4-pronged heavy-duty blade promotes speedy blends and consistent results
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to switch between speed settings
- Ergonomically-designed handle offers a secure grip
- Blade Guard prevents scratching
- Stainless steel body ensures optimal durability
- It’s budget-priced but loaded with accessories
- The stainless steel exterior is corrosion resistant
- The handle is uniquely-designed with a comfortable grip
- Wiping it down is not so difficult
- The whole blender can be hung on a hook with other kitchen tools
- Relatively heavy
- There aren’t any extra accessories included
- The low-quality construction cannot ensure durability
- The blade isn’t good at preparing frozen smoothies or pulverizing solid ingredients
- The whisk attachment doesn’t provide consistent performance
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.