- Performance (50%)7.9
- Design (20%)7.6
- Usability (30%)8.3
- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)8.5
- Usability (30%)7.8
Based on the testing results, and with a solid construction and consistent performance, we considered the Cuisinart CSB-15 to be the winner. Sporting a 300-watt motor, we found it to be pretty great at whole-food blends, like smoothies, puree soups, and emulsified sauces. Given its awkward design, however, activating it took some trial and error, but we eventually got the hang of it.
The KOIOS 4-in-1 is far better than any other low-priced blenders we’ve tested. We particularly loved its smooth operation, ease of use, and versatility, but it would still take some innovative features to defeat such higher-priced rivals, like the Cuisinart.
Pros & Cons
- The motor doesn’t vibrate as violently as others.
- Extra attachments are included for a wider range of tasks.
- It is easy to attach, remove, and clean the blending accessories.
- The silicone buttons are responsive.
- Its durability is backed up by a 2-year warranty.
- We don't have to sacrifice efficiency for a bargain.
- Powerful enough for a wide range of tasks
- The ergonomically-designed handle makes the blender easier to maneuver
- The included 24-oz beaker allows for easy gripping and drip-free pouring
- The release button is really helpful during assembly and disassembly
- The specially designed blade can be used to emulsify sauces
- The blade guard can cause damage to the cookware’s surface.
- The motor rating is 400 watts rather than its advertised rating of 800 watts.
- The stainless steel blending shaft will damage non-stick coatings
- Fairly complicated to use
- The blade guard doesn’t prevent splashing very well
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.