- Performance (50%)7.9
- Design (20%)8.4
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)8.7
- Usability (30%)7.8
The Breville BSB510XL Control Grip is an undeniably compelling package. Apart from the modern, upscale design, this blender also impressed us with itsusability and durability. That said, its performance lacks efficiency overall. In our test, although it had the edge when it came to the beating task thanks to the extra whisk attachment, it was somehow not as good as the competition in processing frozen fruits, pureed soup, and mayonnaise.
One of our favorites, the KitchenAid KHBBV53 is currently at the very top of our cordless blender rankings. Its combination of excellent mobility and consistent efficiency is more than enough to see off the Breville BSB510XL. While it doesn’t come with extra attachments, it manages to offer about as much utility as is possible for a typical hand-held blender.
Pros & Cons
- It can quick-charge in only 20 minutes
- A beaker is included for greater convenience
- Ergonomically-designed handle provides secure grip
- Simple battery charging
- The included pan guard will prevent damage to non-stick cookware.
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- Its performance is often inconsistent
- Not as efficient as other similar blenders
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.