- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)8.5
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.0
The All-Clad is a solid premium immersion blender, but we found its performance to fall short of the best in the segment. It doesn’t even match the Cuisinart Smart Stick—a mid-range model that lives up to the hype at a considerably lower price.
Out of the five tests, our All-Clad could only pass three tasks, and its end products were mostly not as smooth as those produced by the Cuisinart despite the higher-powered motor. We can’t say for sure why it was incapable of making mayonnaise since this is uncommon for such a type of blender. While the Cuisinart could reach the emulsion stage easily, this was the only hand blender in the class that wasn’t up to this test. Both the blending wands were unable to beat egg-whites.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful enough for a wide range of tasks
- The ergonomically-designed handle makes the blender easier to maneuver
- The included 24-oz beaker allows for easy gripping and drip-free pouring
- The release button is really helpful during assembly and disassembly
- The specially designed blade can be used to emulsify sauces
- The heavy-duty motor is perfect for frozen fruit smoothies.
- High-quality construction ensures great durability.
- The handle is designed to be easy to grip and maneuver.
- The stainless steel blending shaft will damage non-stick coatings
- Fairly complicated to use
- The blade guard doesn’t prevent splashing very well
- The price is upscale but there is not much in return for its efficiency.
- It's just average at making pureéd soup.
- Uneven acceleration causes an unpleasant blending experience.
- The hefty weight may cause hand fatigue.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.