- Performance (50%)7.4
- Design (20%)7.5
- Usability (30%)6.3
- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)8.7
- Usability (30%)7.8
While the build quality of the Breville BSB510XL Control Grip placed it top in the segment in terms of durability, its performance in testing unexpectedly dragged down its ranking among the competition. Although it did perform better at emulsifying mayonnaise it didn’t quite measure up when it comes to pureeing soups and making smoothies.
The Bella 10-Speed, on the other hand, is a fine immersion blender for the price. For simple blends, you can’t go at all wrong with this blender. The only inconvenience was that it noticeably rattled in our hands when working through solid food like frozen fruits.
Pros & Cons
- It features multiple speeds.
- Extra attachments are included for greater versatility.
- Blending wand is easy to remove and attach.
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- Its performance is inconsistent.
- The control buttons are hard to press.
- The blade guard can cause damage to cookware surfaces.
- The motor vibrates violently, making it very difficult to maneuver the blender.
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.