- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.0
- Performance (50%)8.6
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.2
Both are high-end machines sporting astonishing amounts of power, but only the Vitamix 5-Speed is among our top-rated immersion blenders. The All-Clad is held back by its low versatility and mediocre capability of pureéing soup.
It’s difficult to find a well-rounded device like the Vitamix 5-Speed. Although it shares the same power ratings and build quality with the All-Clad, the Vitamix somehow beats it in every task. Compromises are few and mostly center on its slightly heavy weight, but of all the blenders we tested, the All-Clad is the heaviest so your Vitamix is more comfortable to use overall.
The Vitamix is also by far the better value considering its 3-year warranty package, which is more than what most immersion blenders, including the All-Clad, offer.
Pros & Cons
- The heavy-duty motor is perfect for frozen fruit smoothies.
- High-quality construction ensures great durability.
- The handle is designed to be easy to grip and maneuver.
- A great tool for recipes that involve fibrous or frozen food
- 4-pronged heavy-duty blade promotes speedy blends and consistent results
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to switch between speed settings
- Ergonomically-designed handle offers a secure grip
- Blade Guard prevents scratching
- Stainless steel body ensures optimal durability
- The price is upscale but there is not much in return for its efficiency.
- It's just average at making pureéd soup.
- Uneven acceleration causes an unpleasant blending experience.
- The hefty weight may cause hand fatigue.
- Relatively heavy
- There aren’t any extra accessories included
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.