- Performance (50%)6.6
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)5.6
- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.6
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
The Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker is considered a mid-range waffle maker due to its many high-end features and price point. It has a flippable design to facilitate a more even cooking of the waffle. The Presto also comes with an audible alarm and a built-in timer to help you keep track of the cooking process.
Meanwhile, the Chefman Anti-Overflow is in the entry-level range. It has a fairly simple and traditional design. Fortunately, it still comes with essential features like a browning control dial.
In our cooking tests, both models have roughly the same performance level. The quality of waffles was mediocre, but they will work for breakfasts and other meals – just don’t expect restaurant-grade quality.
So, in this case, it all comes down to your budget and needs. If you have a decent budget and want some extra features, go for the Presto. But if your budget is somewhat limited, consider getting the Chefman.
Pros & Cons
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Unique ‘flip-side’ design
- Far more compact than other flip waffle makers
- Includes a timer with an audible alarm
- The safety rating is high
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
- Mediocre cooking performance with a tendency to char the waffle
- Poor build quality
- Certain spots on the waffle maker are difficult to clean
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.