- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.6
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
- Performance (50%)6.2
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
The Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker has a pretty unique design. With a hinged baking chamber, you can flip it back and forth 180° to spread the batter on the plates. The result is (typically) a more evenly-cooked waffle.
And indeed, in our performance tests, the Presto Flipside did pretty well. The quality wasn’t gourmet, but our chef assessed that it should be good enough for breakfasts and daily meals.
On the other hand, the Black+Decker WMD200B Double waffle maker is larger and comes with two sets of waffle plates. As such, you can cook two waffles simultaneously with this model. This makes it really popular among large families.
Pros & Cons
- Unique ‘flip-side’ design
- Far more compact than other flip waffle makers
- Includes a timer with an audible alarm
- The safety rating is high
- Capable of cooking two waffles at once with the double-sided design
- Acceptable performance across all two tests
- Solid build quality for the price
- Plug-and-play design makes it very easy to use
- Great cleanability thanks to the included drip tray
- Mediocre cooking performance with a tendency to char the waffle
- Poor build quality
- Certain spots on the waffle maker are difficult to clean
- Bulky and heavy
- Tends to undercook the bottom of the waffle
- Lacks a control panel
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.