In most aspects, the Euro Cuisine WM520 and the Hamilton Beach 26031 are the same.
Both are mid-range models and share the same polished design. Regarding cooking performance, the Hamilton Beach 26031 has the edge over the Euro Cuisine WM520. Nonetheless, we assessed both models to be capable of making decent-quality waffles for breakfasts and daily meals.
Where they differ is in the patterning of their waffle plates. The Hamilton Beach 26031 is a Belgian waffle maker. Meanwhile, the Euro Cuisine WM520 comes with Norwegian-style, heart-shaped waffle plates.
Most people are familiar with (and prefer) the thick, classic-looking Belgian waffles. But heart-shaped waffles can be a fun addition to the table for festive times like Christmas or Thanksgiving. There’s also nothing stopping you from eating heart-shaped waffles every day!
So, the choice between these two is simple: do you prefer Belgian waffles (Hamilton Beach 26031) or some unique-looking heart-shaped waffles (Euro Cuisine WM520)?
Pros & Cons
- Did a passable job in our self-mixed recipe test
- Luxurious design with chrome lid
- Easy to use control panel with clicky, responsive browning level dial
- Eco-friendly PTFE and PFOA-free ceramic coating on the plates
- Excellent cleanability
- Luxurious aesthetic by incorporating premium materials (stainless steel and ceramic)
- Does a great job in all of our performance tests
- Removable and washable waffle plates
- Easy to clean thanks to the included drip tray
- Loose lid hinges
- The rubber screw protectors can be easily lost
- Many surfaces of the waffle maker became scorching hot after two-three cooking sessions
- The spin-lock mechanism at the handle is finicky
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In the Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.