- Performance (50%)8.0
- Design (20%)9.2
- Ease of Use (30%)8.7
- Performance (50%)6.7
- Design (20%)8.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.5
The Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 Double and the BLACK+DECKER WMB500 are in totally different classes. While the WAF-F20P1 is in the high-end tier, the WMB500 is in the entry-level range. So, expectedly, there are many remarkable differences between them.
The Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 model has the highest performance score in our database. It managed to serve up delicious waffles almost every time.
Meanwhile, the BLACK+DECKER WMB500 is considered mediocre. The quality of the waffles wasn’t great. But if you’re looking for something that can serve a quick breakfast in the morning and you don’t care for gourmet-quality waffles, this model will do it in a pinch.
But since the BLACK+DECKER WMB500 is a budget-friendly model, it lacks many premium features that the Cuisinart WAF-F20P1 has. For example, an audible chime and a rotatable baking chamber.
Pros & Cons
- Strong cooking performance across all tests
- Beautiful, durable stainless steel design
- Comprehensive control panel with audible alarm
- Intuitive lid locking mechanism
- Comes with a batter measuring cup
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Mediocre performance with self-mixed recipe
- Heavy and bulky
- Certain parts are made of plastic
- Lacks a POWER indicator light
- Difficult to clean due to the lack of a drip tray
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.