The Chefman Anti-Overflow and the BLACK+DECKER WMB500 have many things in common. They are both Belgian-style waffle makers that bake 7-inch waffles and have an almost similar price. In our cooking tests, too, the two models also come very close to one another for their waffle quality.
However, upon close inspection, there are certain features that set them apart.
The BLACK+DECKER WMB500 has a noticeably “cheaper” look due to its plain design. This is in line with its affordable pricing. The WMB500 is also devoid of many essential features, like a browning control dial.
On the other hand, the Chefman has a reasonably presentable and well-built design. And unlike the WMB500, the Chefman does come with a browning control dial.
Overall, while both models will do a good job of cooking waffles, you’ll get better value out of the Chefman.
Pros & Cons
- High-quality and sturdy design
- Works well with boxed waffle mix
- Anti-overflow moat can minimize spillage
- Well-built waffle plates with a non-stick layer
- Tactile, easy-to-use control panel
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Didn’t perform well on self-mixed recipe
- Awkward and potentially dangerous lid lock
- Too many hot surfaces
- Can be difficult to clean
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Dimensions & Weight
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.