The Nutrichef PKVS18BK stands out for its visually appealing design, well-built lid and locking mechanism, and a simple, intuitive touch control panel. However, it has a loud motor and requires significant force to close the lid properly.
Although they’re in the same price range, the design (appearance-wise) of the Megawise VS6621 is a lot more basic. Fortunately, overall build quality in terms of build material and fits-and-finishes are still great. The sealer comes with a built-in bag cutter, which gives it an edge over the Nutrichef that doesn’t have any extra features.
Performance-wise, the Nutrichef performed marginally better in our performance tests, achieving a final performance score of 5.7. Meanwhile, the Megawise hit a middling 5.0.
The Nutrichef, as such, will be the model to choose if you value performance. But the MegaWise is worth considering if you want something easier to use as well as the integrated bag cutter.
Pros & Cons
- Relatively affordable
- Visually-appealing design
- The lid and the attached locking mechanism are well-built
- Simple and intuitive control panel
- Bright and comprehensive indicator lights
- Decent build quality comes included with a built-in bag cutter
- Excellent ease of use
- Numerous safety signs and stickers
- The lid requires quite a lot of force to close properly.
- Motor is loud.
- Doesn’t come with any extra feature.
- Lackluster vacuum-packing performance
- Loud motor noise (84.4 dBA)
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.