The Anova Precision Vacuum Sealer Pro delivers exceptional performance in both dry and moist conditions, earning top marks even for liquid sealing. With its sleek design and added conveniences like a built-in bag compartment and cutter, it's the ideal choice for those with a generous budget seeking the ultimate sealing experience.
On the flip side, the Nutrichef PKVS18BK shines as a budget-friendly alternative (especially when compared to the Anova). Despite its affordability, the Nutrichef sealer boasts an eye-catching design, a robust lid and locking mechanism, an intuitive control panel, and bright indicator lights. There are a few minor quirks to note, including the need for a firm hand to close the lid, a somewhat noisy motor, and the absence of extra features like a bag compartment or cutter. However, its value for money remains undeniable.
Pros & Cons
- Powerful performance in the dry test
- Suction is strong in the moist test, but gentle enough not to crush the mango slices
- Rated for liquid
- Sleek, elegant design
- Comes with extra features (bag compartment and cutter)
- Relatively affordable
- Visually-appealing design
- The lid and the attached locking mechanism are well-built
- Simple and intuitive control panel
- Bright and comprehensive indicator lights
- Relatively dim indicator lights
- Doesn’t come with a chime
- Doesn’t have bag hooks
- The lid requires quite a lot of force to close properly.
- Motor is loud.
- Doesn’t come with any extra feature.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.