Our performance tests showed that the Nesco VS-12 sealer is much more capable than the Nutrichef PKVS18BK. The Nesco VS-12 excels in both dry and moist food tests, boasting higher suction strength compared to the Nutriche.
The Nesco VS-12 also leads the scoreboard in terms of design and usability. It has far more premium housing, as well as better ease of use and safety than the Nutrichef PKVS18BK. This isn’t to say that the Nutrichef has bad design or usability, however. For the price, it’s still very good — just not quite as good as the Nesco VS-12!
The Nutrichef model offers a budget-friendly option without compromising on essential features for those looking to save. However, if you seek advanced performance, the Nesco VS-12 emerges as the more capable (albeit pricier) choice.
Pros & Cons
- Strong performance in both dry and moist food tests
- Well-built design
- Intuitive control panel with an LCD screen for progress tracking
- Comes with a bag roll compartment and bag cutter
- Relatively affordable
- Visually-appealing design
- The lid and the attached locking mechanism are well-built
- Simple and intuitive control panel
- Bright and comprehensive indicator lights
- Doesn’t come with a chime
- The lid requires quite a lot of force to close properly.
- Motor is loud.
- Doesn’t come with any extra feature.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.