The FoodSaver VS-0160 stands out for its superior vacuum sealing capabilities and excellent build quality. Coupled with great usability thanks to a lid that locks very smoothly and great ease in feeding the bag into the vacuum channel, most people will be quite happy with this entry-level sealer.
On the other hand, the Megawise is even more affordable than the FoodSaver. However, it distinguishes itself with its highly compact design, which makes it an ideal choice for those who don’t have a lot of space in their kitchen. The Megawise still does a decent job at sealing both dry and moist food, according to our tests, but it doesn’t perform as well as the FoodSaver.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable for what it can do
- Excellent vacuum sealing performance
- Beautifully designed and well-built
- The lid actuates smoothly and has a storage lock
- Relatively quiet
- Decent build quality comes included with a built-in bag cutter
- Excellent ease of use
- Numerous safety signs and stickers
- Safety could be improved with stickers that warn new users about the heat bar.
- No extra feature.
- Lackluster vacuum-packing performance
- Loud motor noise (84.4 dBA)
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.