Our testing has revealed several drawbacks of the PopBabies, specifically in its practicality, despite its cordless convenience. Blends produced by this blender were chunky and inconsistent, failing to achieve the desired smoothness for protein shakes, frozen fruit smoothies, and fibrous mixtures.
Nonetheless, the PopBabies can still be useful for simpler blends, such as purees, as long as the ingredients are chopped and the blender is charged.
In comparison, the BELLA is corded and well capable of preparing protein shakes and frozen fruit smoothies but comes up short in liquifying leafy greens and pulverizing ice cues. For those that can manage with such compromises, this blender is the easy choice considering its price and long list of extra accessories.
Additionally, the corded design of the BELLA ensures consistent power supply throughout the blending process, eliminating the risk of the battery running dry mid-blend, as with the PopBabies.
Pros & Cons
- The cordless design allows for blending on-the-go.
- It is pretty useful when it comes to making small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- The battery is easy to charge.
- Adequate build quality allows for reliable performance.
- The motor is less likely to overheat like some of its rivals.
- It’s pretty good at processing frozen fruits and raw nuts.
- Its ease of use provides a satisfying blending experience.
- It’s inadequate for blending tough ingredients like frozen fruits and raw nuts.
- The cup’s small capacity limits the quantity of ingredients.
- Food must be cut into very small pieces before blending.
- The low cost of the blender is reflected in its flimsy construction.
- The cup’s small opening makes it messy to add ingredients.
- The need to shake the blender during operation
- It may not add any aesthetic interest to your kitchen due to its inspired design.
- The ability to liquify fibrous greens is compromised by the low price.
- The resting period between blending intervals is longer than average, taking up to 3 minutes.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.