The overall design of the BELLA is functional, but not particularly eye-catching so we’re not fans of neither its styling nor quality. Nevertheless, considering its affordability, along with a suit of practical accessories, we agree this blender is still a good value for money.
The overall design of the Hamilton Beach is simple, but the blending cup with a fixed blade assembly inside seems to be impractical if used as a to-go cup. The materials are only average, making the blender itself look fairly jerkwater and not catchy. This, however, is expected for the price.
The BELLA remains one of the most user-friendly personal blenders on the market due to its simple operation, straightforward assembly, and hassle-free cleaning process. The lack of pulse function may make it tricky to create chunky textures, but we believe it won’t take much time to find the way
Despite its intuitive design, the Hamilton Beach is somewhat uncomfortable to use. The blending jar attaches securely to the main body, but the assembly process is a bit of a hassle. Not only that, but it’s also more of a pain to clean than other blenders since the blade assembly isn’t removable.
The BELLA is finely capable of preparing protein shakes and frozen fruit smoothies, but comes up short in liquifying leafy greens and pulverizing ice cues. For those that can make such compromises, this blender is the easy choice considering its price and the long list of extra accessories. Otherwise, we suggest considering the KOIOS Pro, which is similarly priced but offers more advanced capabilities.
We tested the Hamilton Beach against a range of culinary blenders, but this machine was surprisingly the only one that didn’t pass even a single test. With its weak motor and small blending blade, it failed to blend the foods completely, resulting in grainy, rough mixtures.
Pros & Cons
- Adequate build quality allows for reliable performance.
- The motor is less likely to overheat like some of its rivals.
- It’s pretty good at processing frozen fruits and raw nuts.
- Its ease of use provides a satisfying blending experience.
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- It may not add any aesthetic interest to your kitchen due to its inspired design.
- The ability to liquify fibrous greens is compromised by the low price.
- The resting period between blending intervals is longer than average, taking up to 3 minutes.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
While both blenders share similar motor power, our testing revealed that the BELLA could produce a far quicker and smoother protein shake. In contrast, the Hamilton Beach required more than double the time but still left chunks of unblended blueberries and almonds in the final drink.
The smoothie test further cemented the BELLA's advantage over the Hamilton Beach, with its ability to achieve a velvety smooth texture comparable to that of more high-powered models.Unfortunately, neither the BELLA nor the Hamilton Beach was able to break down ice or handle high-fiber ingredients like kale, spinach, and celery efficiently.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a personal blender that can handle your everyday basic blending needs with acceptable results, the BELLA Rocket Blender 12-Piece Set appears to be the better choice overall.
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.