- Performance (60%)1.4
- Design (25%)5.0
- Usability (15%)5.7
- Performance (60%)2.8
- Design (25%)7.5
- Usability (15%)6.9
In our test, we noticed the Magic Bullet 11-Piece Set was slightly better than the Hamilton Beach 51101AV, but neither really lived up to our expectations. They were simply too weak to handle our recipes, which mostly consisted of hard ingredients like frozen fruits, raw nuts, and leafy veggies.
Both blenders have similar quality and design issues. The motor base is cheaply made; it looks somewhat flimsy and cannot stand steadily while in operation. Their blending cups are also far from satisfactory; they can have problems with leakage, and the glass around the spigot is prone to break if handled roughly.
Nonetheless, if you have to choose between the two, the Magic Bullet 11-Piece Set is absolutely a better value, especially given the fact that this blender comes with slightly higher quality features and more extra accessories.
Pros & Cons
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- Easy to use, assemble, and clean.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are pretty solid.
- Three extra blending cups are included.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation.
- It is not suitable for blending frozen fruits or raw nuts.
- Motor base jumps around while operating.
- Build quality is not good.
- Its performance is inconsistent.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.