The NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro is by far the most practical personal blender we’ve tested, with good capability and a flawless performance. While its usability is refined enough to earn our praise, its efficiency tested positively, although not off the charts. You definitely won’t go wrong with this blender.
The Hamilton Beach, on the other hand, creates more frustration than pleasure, especially since it is too weak and mediocre for a stable performance. Its overall construction is on the flimsy side, with components mostly made of substandard plastic. The blade assembly isn’t as thoughtfully-designed as the other blenders either.
Conclusively, we don’t think the Hamilton Beach 51101AV is worth your consideration even if you are in the market for a less expensive alternative than the NutriBullet. There are still better options to choose from.
Pros & Cons
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- It is very easy to assemble and use.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are tough enough to power through even solid ingredients like ice cubes.
- BPA-free plastic cups are durable and dishwasher safe.
- Hands-free operation offers superior convenience
- Motor base is very stable.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
- It's difficult to clean the blades’ undersides.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.