- Performance (60%)6.1
- Design (25%)7.4
- Usability (15%)7.0
- Performance (60%)9.8
- Design (25%)9.7
- Usability (15%)9.7
As you’d expect with a high-powered personal blender, the NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro provided us with a testing smoothie that couldn’t be smoother. And the same was true for other tests, from making protein shakes, to crushing ice and extracting nutrients from leafy veggies.
At around $30, the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade is quite a performance bargain. The lack of power was evident in the blending time in every test, but the results it churned out were nearly as smooth , except for the crushed ice.
There aren’t many similarities between the two in terms of overall design. The NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro is a no-fuss personal blender with a larger base and more well-built components. Whereas the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade looks sportier and more compact, but it’s not as sturdy nor as pleasant to use.
In conclusion, the NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro is a better personal blender and the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade is quite a good value in its market segment. Given the discrepancy in their price, the choice between the two may be more about your budget than any other factor.
Pros & Cons
- It offers consistent performance.
- There is an extra blending jar with twist-on travel lids included.
- The motor is more than sufficient for light-duty tasks.
- It has a fetching, well-finished, and simple design.
- It is very easy to assemble and use.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are tough enough to power through even solid ingredients like ice cubes.
- BPA-free plastic cups are durable and dishwasher safe.
- Hands-free operation offers superior convenience
- Motor base is very stable.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation
- A better blade assembly could make blending more efficient.
- It's difficult to clean the blades’ undersides.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.