The Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro and the Hamilton Beach are two vastly different blenders with distinct advantages and disadvantages.
The Hamilton Beach blender impressed us with its simplistic design and budget-friendly price point. However, upon closer inspection, its low-powered motor of just 175 watts proved to be woefully insufficient in handling tough ingredients like grains, frozen foods, raw nuts, and dried fruits. This makes it the only blender that failed to pass any of our tests. Its overall build quality is compromised in exchange for its low cost, as well.
In contrast to the Hamilton Beach, the Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro delivers outstanding performance and consistent results across the board. It performed exceptionally well, fully blending even ice cubes in just a matter of seconds. Furthermore, the Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro is equipped with more advanced features, including the two Auto-iQ presets, making it a more convenient option for those who prioritize ease of use.
Overall, for those seeking high-quality blending and heavy-duty performance, the Nutri Ninja BN401 is the clear choice.
Pros & Cons
- This blender is an all-arounder that works without a fuss.
- Nearly all of its capability is outstanding—it’s very well equipped to crush ice and make smoothies.
- The 1000-watt motor provides heavy-duty blending performance.
- Smart preset programs are designed to deliver excellent consistency.
- There are solid design details throughout the blender.
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- The motor base is roughly the same size as a standard full-sized blender.
- It’s relatively noisy.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.