Both blenders falter when it comes to crushing ice—a common limitation among certain personal blenders. However, beyond this shared challenge, the La Reveuse consistently outperformed the Hamilton Beach in all of our tests.
The Hamilton Beach's streamlined design and budget-friendly price seem attractive at first glance. That said, its 175-watt motor only suffices for soft ingredients and will grapple noticeably with more resilient substances like grains, frozen foods, raw nuts, and dried fruits.
Therefore, if you're in the market for a mid-range personal blender that is capable of preparing green smoothies, lush frozen fruit mixtures, and rich protein shakes, we recommend the La Reveuse. The Hamilton Beach's mediocre performance diminishes its value for money, making its initially appealing price less enticing upon closer scrutiny.
Pros & Cons
- Extra blending cup and twist-on travel lid make this blender perfect for those who are always on the go.
- It boasts a consistent and dependable performance.
- The motor doesn’t struggle much to handle frozen fruits.
- User-friendly design allows for easy control and operation.
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- The narrow design makes the blending cup tricky to clean.
- The blending cup's small opening makes it quite messy to add food, especially powders.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.