Nothing is particularly unique in the KOIOS 4-in-1’s design, but common features like the stainless steel blades and control buttons are built well enough to make the blender itself stand out.
The Breville BSB510XL received plentiful praise from our testers for its overall design. It has an aesthetic appeal that very few others match. They’ve also commended its high-quality materials, which add to the visual attractiveness and make it feel more solid than most other blenders out there.
Despite utilizing the same key design features as other low-range blenders such as the Muller Ultra-Stick, the KOIOS 4-in-1 manages to provide a better blending experience.
The Breville BSB510XL really impresses us with its cleanability and an easy-to-assemble blade. Its height didn’t dominate our blending experience, but we did have a hard time maneuvering it due to the tight suction it created.
The KOIOS 4-in-1 wasn’t designed for powerful performance, but it passed all of our tests without much difficulty. As you might assume, a low-range hand blender won’t churn out velvety results, but all the blends were definitely better than we expected.
The Breville BSB510XL is slow to blend frozen foods, grind raw nuts, or emulsify sauces, but the products it produces are well worth the extra time.
Pros & Cons
- The motor doesn’t vibrate as violently as others.
- Extra attachments are included for a wider range of tasks.
- It is easy to attach, remove, and clean the blending accessories.
- The silicone buttons are responsive.
- Its durability is backed up by a 2-year warranty.
- We don't have to sacrifice efficiency for a bargain.
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- The blade guard can cause damage to the cookware’s surface.
- The motor rating is 400 watts rather than its advertised rating of 800 watts.
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
Simple design and advanced convenience features make the Breville BSB510XL Control Grip a great balance of comfort and durability. Overall performance didn’t quite live up to our expectations for a premium immersion blender, but at least, it is capable of blending frozen fruits, emulsifying sauces, and whipping egg whites.
The KOIOS 4-In-1 isn’t as appealing as the Breville BSB510XL Control Grip, but we think highly of this blender. It shares the same capabilities as the competition but works quicker and more efficiently. Overall, it is a niche immersion blender for people who want something more versatile than a typical one but don't have the budget to get a luxury all-arounder.
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.