- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)8.7
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)8.8
- Design (20%)8.1
- Usability (30%)8.7
The Breville BSB510XL provides a professional and premium feel that you can't find in the Braun MultiQuick-5, but somehow its performance cannot match it and the difference is apparent when it comes to processing solid food. As proof of that, in our smoothie test, while their final outcomes share the same consistency, the Breville BSB510XL had a more difficult time powering through the frozen fruits, which caused it to be twice as slow as the competition.
The only minor annoyance of the Braun MultiQuick-5 is its stiffer buttons. Otherwise, this blender may be the easiest to use. So in conclusion, if you have to choose between these models, we definitely recommend the Braun MultiQuick-5.
Pros & Cons
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- Consistent performance with minimal splashing
- Nearly as efficient as the higher-priced Vitamix
- Ergonomically-designed handle ensures a confident grip
- Doesn’t get hot even under heavy-duty use
- A generous set of accessories means greater versatility
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
- The metal blending shaft and whisk may damage non-stick coatings
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.