There's no denying that the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade comes from a more prestigious brand and has a more visually appealing design than the Bella Rocket Blender. However, our testing found that the BLACK+DECKER was not as quick nor as efficient as the Bella when handling a mixture of frozen fruits, raw nuts, or dried fruits. This is reflected by the less impressive smoothies and protein shakes from the BLACK+DECKER compared to those from the Bella Rocket.
On the other hand, the FusionBlade was among the few mid-range personal blenders we tested that could liquify leafy greens in just 20 seconds. This makes it a better choice for those looking to incorporate more high-fiber foods into their diet. Neither blender performed well when it came to crushing ice cubes, though.
It is also worth noting that while the Bella Rocket costs less but gets you more accessories for greater versatility, the BLACK+DECKER justifies its price with higher quality design. As such, choosing between these blenders will mostly be about personal preference and needs.
Pros & Cons
- Adequate build quality allows for reliable performance.
- The motor is less likely to overheat like some of its rivals.
- It’s pretty good at processing frozen fruits and raw nuts.
- Its ease of use provides a satisfying blending experience.
- It offers consistent performance.
- There is an extra blending jar with twist-on travel lids included.
- The motor is more than sufficient for light-duty tasks.
- It has a fetching, well-finished, and simple design.
- It may not add any aesthetic interest to your kitchen due to its inspired design.
- The ability to liquify fibrous greens is compromised by the low price.
- The resting period between blending intervals is longer than average, taking up to 3 minutes.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation
- A better blade assembly could make blending more efficient.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.