The Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker is a mid-range model. Meanwhile, the WMB500 is positioned as the entry-level model in BLACK+DECKER’s portfolio.
But putting aside the pricing, the Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker comes with many additional features that the BLACK+DECKER WMB500 doesn’t have. These features, such as the flippable baking chamber and the built-in timer, may convince you to pay the extra.
The BLACK+DECKER WMB500 has a basic design that reflects its price. Its performance, according to our test data, is also unremarkable. While it can make waffles with decent enough quality to serve as breakfasts, it’s not restaurant-level.
So, between these two, it will come down to whether you think all of the extra features of the Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker are worth the money or not.
Pros & Cons
- Unique ‘flip-side’ design
- Far more compact than other flip waffle makers
- Includes a timer with an audible alarm
- The safety rating is high
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Mediocre cooking performance with a tendency to char the waffle
- Poor build quality
- Certain spots on the waffle maker are difficult to clean
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Dimensions & Weight
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.