- Performance (50%)7.0
- Design (20%)7.8
- Ease of Use (30%)6.8
- Performance (50%)6.7
- Design (20%)8.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.5
If you’re in the market for a budget waffle maker, you may want to consider Black+Decker's entry-level option, the WMB500.
However, if you want to splurge a bit more for a premium option, check out the Bella 13991 Classic Belgian waffle maker.
You can tell by appearance alone that the Bella 13991 is the more premium model out of the two. It boasts a luxurious housing made from glossy metal and a tall, flippable frame.
On the other hand, the WMB500 has a simpler and understated design but is still made from solid materials.
In terms of performance, both models are decent. The Bella 13991 scored higher in our tests compared to the WMB500. While they may not be able to replicate the waffles you get at your favorite restaurant, they’ll still make for great breakfast treats!
Pros & Cons
- Did a good job in both of our performance tests
- Overall design looks very premium
- The non-stick coating functions well
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Poor build quality
- The lid is dangerously loose
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.