In our tests, the Nutrichef really stood out because of its good looks and how easy it is to use. On the other hand, the Geryon didn't win us over with its appearance but got points for practicality – its top lid can be removed for easy cleaning. The Geryon earned a slightly higher design score, 7.3 out of 10, just a bit more than the Nutrichef's 7.2.
In terms of performance, both vacuum sealers did okay but didn't blow us away. Neither scored higher than 6.0 out of 10 overall. However, the Nutrichef did slightly better with a score of 5.7 out of 10, especially in the moist food test compared to the Geryon.
Ideally, if you can, it might be a good idea to spend a bit more on a vacuum sealer with better overall performance and build quality. But if you're stuck deciding between these two, we recommend the Nutrichef PKVS18BK.
Pros & Cons
- Relatively affordable
- Visually-appealing design
- The lid and the attached locking mechanism are well-built
- Simple and intuitive control panel
- Bright and comprehensive indicator lights
- Fairly affordable
- Decent build quality, with simple-to-use and responsive control panel
- The lid is detachable for easier cleaning
- Has a good safety rating
- Relatively smooth using experience
- The lid requires quite a lot of force to close properly.
- Motor is loud.
- Doesn’t come with any extra feature.
- The lid lock is difficult to operate one-handed
- Loud (85.5 dBA)
- Dim indicator lights
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.